2013年5月16日星期四

designer Varun Bahl talks about his inspiration


  As a designer, I find myself often referring to various recent decades in my design process. The 20s Flapper, 50s ruffles, 70s psychedelic: every decade of the last century can be easily classified as strong trends that we fashion folk (and most of us are born until the second half of 1900) can recognize immediately. We find it easy as lower band is the best thing to come from the 20's almost as if we were there when it happened, talking about everything. Obviously we love and hate the shoulders of power 80 years (depending on the designers are trying to revive), and we are completely in everything even remotely affect the 40 full-skirted looks at the Christian Dior.

Which brings me to "now." What will see future generations of design professionals, when they look back on (20) and '10s after decades? Even 90 years is a sober moment in the history of fashion and also the most boring managed to have a signature look, leaning towards minimalism and futurism. And since we in the new millennium (which looks like a miracle, is not it?) Arrived, we have done nothing but recycle the ideas of the past, sometimes decades cramming in a single season.

But do not get me wrong. I'm not saying that making a film classic is not OK. I'm just a simple question: What does the appearance of the signature of the first decade of the new millennium?

The answer, as is often the case, may actually be in the question. And as I progress with the writing of this function (a writer must always think two sets in advance), I am convinced. The first decade of the new millennium has paid tribute to all that was the best of the past century. He celebrated, exalted, and everything from Baroque to the relevant bandage dress again. And that's the magic of fashion: it has the ability to renew and update. And that's why I love a designer.

My friends joke that I multiple personality disorder, which is multiplied with my bipolar disorder (also fictional), is why have my clothes were so many cultural influences, all at once. And that is something I revel in. The fashion of the future with its clear that they merge and combine the best of all, and celebrate a mix: it is the global community even closer than we represent and share information faster better with people around the world. And it's incredible.

A recent study found (I know I should insert the name and reference of this investigation here, but hey, I'm a designer, not a journalist. I'm just glad I remembered!), That the human intellect has in has developed the last 300 years: almost three times as high as in the past 3000 years. And do everything to avoid exposure to information sharing and they are attributed. Curiosity, it seems, is the clever cat. Well, that's the reason why I this little factoid interesting because while designers as I sit in our studios and create collections for you, dear reader, to wear as I am sure you do, because the world in which we live today in a position to recognize what comes from where, in a particular piece of my design. You will be able to be a part of my thinking process.

Going through, I can say with certainty that the way will future historians the first decade of the 2000s as a defining moment. And while we are driven trends in the diversity of those gathered can escape assets in the past ten years. So this is a trend that will never grow old or old enough, too. And it is here to stay.


没有评论:

发表评论