2013年7月9日星期二

A history of tanning culture, Coco Chanel For Snooki


       Summertime. Cue the languid bathers bathing in the summer sun bubbles in the park, on the beach and just about everywhere you look. Everyone is trying to get that summer glow. Unless of course, you're me. I am the daughter again, the broad-spectrum sunscreen and wearing a big floppy sun hat.

I know why I do not write tan. However, even though I long ago accepted that my skin will never be described as "sunny" or "tanned", the culture of tanning fascinates me. One in five Americans with skin cancer will be diagnosed at some point in their lives, skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States. The incidence of melanoma, the deadliest of skin cancers, by 800 percent and 400 percent among women increased in men between 1970 and 2009. Of the seven most common forms of cancer in America, is melanoma the only one whose incidence is increasing, and the people who use tanning beds before age 35 increase their melanoma risk by 87 percent. Tanning is like smoking - people know it puts them at risk of disease, but many simply can not stop. A significant number of people who reluctantly drawn into the sun and also spray tan solarium. So what? Learn more about College Candy ...

      


没有评论:

发表评论