2013年9月2日星期一

Harvey Nicks really has the fashion Selfridges war lost ?


  While this is not a fall from grace of the fashion as steep as those of John Galliano ( Dior moved to anti-Semitism ) and Dolce & Gabbana ( convicted of tax evasion in Italy) , it is still shocking .

After Queen Mary Portas shops , Harvey Nichols - Knightsbridge flagship store which opened its doors in 1831 and has spread to the national level - is not what it once was.

If it was a dummy , he would have spider veins , cellulite and walk developed into a denim shirt with lime snow .

Last week , Portas - repeatedly tested Absolutely Fabulous - - who sold the business so successful in the first years become synonymous with high fashion, and managed to get the name of said head over kitten shop " that cool I just think he lost. this advantage.

"It was at a time when innovative Selfridges were behind and I think now they have supported.

"I would not go there to see who the new designer.

I must admit that although I do not often obscured Harrods hunt for inspiration , I have the doors of Harvey Nichols for years .

I imagine all through the window : a visit to the London Branch last week , the display featured a strange burst mattress set , with very little clothing on the show. He was just a big mess.

So last Friday, I decided to both Harvey Nichols and Selfridges put in my secret shopper litmus test to see how they compare ...

As I stated in the Knightsbridge branch step, I am greeted by a very cheerful doorman. I 'm in the Hall of Beauty , which is good - all the usual marks here and SpaceNK shop.

On a weekday morning , but the soil is low, which means that I 'm a dozen times " Taser " too impatient of the sellers of perfume.

Upstairs , fashion seems narrow and uninteresting , which is a shame considering the appointment of Paula Reed , former director of Grazia fashion last year .

All names and predictable clothes are available : Isabel Marant creamy knitting - sewing Stella McCartney and Balenciaga and Rick Owens - but unfortunately no Louis Vuitton Women's Clothing .

" Do you think Victoria Beckham main bearing ? I ask two saleswomen , they discuss .

"Um , is not it ? Yes, we do . Oh, no, we do not. " ( You did not. )

There are more advanced things to sell, like Alexander Wang shoes (about 400 € ) , Comptoir des Cotonniers clothing from designers and up- and-coming Emma Cook and Christopher Raeburn .

It is also the key and feathered skirt by Dries Van Noten Bejeweled for his new historical collection ( I want it bad, but it is more than € 1,000) .

However, the seller is so relaxed , it does not come to help me.

The lingerie department is desperate : not Myla , a selection of Hanro weeny and no significant Agent Provocateur .

He is omnipresent and MediSpa Daniel Hersheson salon where I could get a wax without an appointment - this is always a plus.

But, unfortunately, that's the kind of place where you are not allowed to leave with wet hair after a trim . I was bluntly told when I tried to do what is crazy considering its customers are women super busy with no time to linger.



没有评论:

发表评论